Grand Rapids Personal Injury Lawyers
Helping Injured Parties Seek Compensation and Justice
Every day someone is unnecessarily injured because of others. Whether it’s a car accident, poor medical treatment, disgruntled coworker or employee, an irresponsible homeowner, or greedy insurance company, BGA Law holds them accountable. Taking legal action holds others responsible. We do this by thoroughly investigating the facts and building a compelling case. When healing from the harm you sustained, taking care of the details of your case can be overwhelming. We handle the legalities, while you focus on recovery.
At Brandon Gardner & Associates, PLC, our Grand Rapids personal injury attorneys represent those harmed in auto collisions, motorcycle wrecks, slips and falls, and numerous other accidents and intentional acts. Our team provides personalized counsel from the beginning to the end of a case. When you choose us, you will work directly with a lawyer who truly cares about your situation and will work relentlessly to protect your rights and best interests. Listening to your side of the story and examining the details, we can develop a legal strategy to pursue fair compensation on your behalf.
Speak with one of our personal injury lawyers in Grand Rapids by contacting us at (616) 303-7444. We offer a free initial consultation.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim or Lawsuit in Michigan
Situations where a person’s negligence or intentional conduct causes harm to another individual can lead to a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Examples of incidents that may give rise to a case include:
- Assault and battery: A person intentionally making violent contact with another individual and causes harm.
- Auto accidents: A collision between two or more motor vehicles.
- Bicycle accidents: A collision between a motor vehicle and a bicyclist.
- Catastrophic injuries: Debilitating injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, amputations, burns, or paralysis, affecting a person for years or the rest of their life.
- Injuries from DUI: A motorist under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs unable to safely control their vehicle and hitting other drivers, bicyclists, or pedestrians, causing serious, catastrophic, or fatal injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents: A crash between a car and a motorcycle, often resulting in greater harm to the motorcyclist because the bike does not offer the same protection as a passenger vehicle.
- Pedestrian accidents: Careless or reckless drivers hitting pedestrians crossing streets or walking on sidewalks.
- Product liability: Consumers harmed from using a product a manufacturer poorly designed or constructed.
- Slip and fall: A person losing their footing and falling on a walkway that had known dangers the owner failed to address.
- Motorist insurance claims: A person involved in an auto accident resulting in property damage or injury can file a claim with the insurance company to cover repair and/or medical care costs.
- Workers’ compensation: Employees injured on the job can seek compensation from their employer's insurance company to supplement lost wages and cover medical care and rehabilitative services costs.
- Premises liability: A property owner can be held financially responsible for damages suffered by a visitor or guest because the owner failed to warn of or repair hazardous conditions on the premises.
- Governmental immunity: Generally, governmental agencies and their employees are immune from liability for torts if injuries occurred while engaged in governmental functions. However, exceptions exist, such as when an accident results from unsafe highways.
Our personal injury attorneys in Grand Rapids handle all types of cases in addition to those listed above. Please reach out to us to discuss your situation and learn about your legal options for pursuing compensation.
Calculating Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Whether injuries result from an accident or an intentional act, they often require extensive medical care and may cause the injured party to miss work. Personal injury laws allow victims to hold the at-fault person or corporation financially responsible for associated costs and losses.
Damages include and are not limited to:
- Past and future medical bills,
- Past and future lost wages,
- Pain and suffering, and
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
Compensation is often available for both economic and noneconomic damages. Economic damages include hard numbers such as medical bills and lost wages, as well as soft numbers such as ongoing medical care and loss of earning potential. Noneconomic damages (such as pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life) may also be available in severe cases and are not associated with definite monetary figures.
In some cases, calculating either economic or noneconomic damages requires calling upon experts like medical professionals or financial analysts.
At Brandon Gardner & Associates, PLC, our Grand Rapids personal injury lawyers evaluate all potential areas of recovery and work hard toward recovering just compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
In Michigan, you have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you miss the deadline, you could lose your right to compensation. Our team is ready to learn about your case and discuss the avenues we can explore.
Contact our Grand Rapids personal injury attorneys at (616) 303-7444.
Why Are We the Firm for You?
You work directly with your attorney from start to finish. They are personally invested in your case and involved at all times.
Experienced & Respected
Consistently ranked as one of the best young lawyers law firms in Michigan and known for obtaining better results than most firms in the area.
We keep you informed and help you fully understand your options. We are dedicated to understanding your goals so we represent you best.
The Ability to Go to Trial
Many cases are resolved without going to court, but we prepare every case for trial. This allows us to negotiate from a position of strength.
5-Star Reviews From Our Clients
Brandon Gardner and associates were amazing. Stellar performance across the board.- Gregory H.
I am very happy with how our case turned out. He knows the law better than the rest.- Tera C.
Very knowledgeable, reassuring, and reasonably priced!- Former Client
Knowledgeable and professional.- Jesse C.
It's worth the price.- Colton C.