Commitment, Experience, Results
- Managing Partner / Owner
Brandon Gardner founded Brandon Gardner & Associates, PLC on the principle that every client deserves zealous, high-quality legal representation, especially those facing the most serious crimes and complex family disputes. Brandon has over twenty years' experience in multiple aspects of the court system from small claims dispute resolution to appeals to the Michigan Supreme Court and utilizes this breadth of knowledge to develop custom solutions to every case at the firm, no matter the complexity.
Mr. Gardner’s practice areas include serious felonies and federal crimes, complex domestic litigation, and personal injury litigation. Additionally, he is an approved domestic relations mediator on many court rosters throughout Michigan.
Brandon is admitted to practice in Michigan, the Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan, and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. His professional memberships include the Criminal Law, Children's Law, and Family Law Sections of the State Bar of Michigan; the Grand Rapids Bar Association; and the State Bar of Michigan Access to Justice Policy Committee where he makes recommendations on proposed rule and law changes and their impact on underrepresented communities. Other professional memberships include the Monroe North Business Association and Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce.
Since 2016, Mr. Gardner has been annually rated "AV Preeminent" by Marindale-Hubbell and recognized as a Michigan Rising Star by Thomson-Reuters. He has written several articles for the Ingham County Bar Association's "Briefs" and the Grand Rapids Lawyer. Mr. Gardner has practiced in over 30 Michigan Counties and appeared before over a hundred jurists.
Brandon completed his undergraduate degree at California State University, Fullerton, and earned his J.D. from Michigan State University College of Law. He is an active volunteer in the community regularly assisting low-income individuals, sober living groups, local farms, and community service providers.
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- Juris Doctorate
- California State University, Fullerton
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Social Work
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Domestic Relations Mediator, Michigan Supreme Court, 2023
Classes & Seminars
- Custody and Parenting Time Class, Alpha Grand Rapids, 2023 to Present
- Michigan, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell Since 2016
- Michigan Rising Star by Thomson-Reuters
- Residential Construction and Property Management
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Member, 2018 to Present
- Monroe North Business Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Access to Justice Committee - State Bar of Michigan, Member, 2020 to Present
- Judicial Qualifications Committee - State Bar of Michigan, Member, 2022 to Present
- Criminal Defense (adult and juvenile)
- Family Law
- Domestic Mediation and Collaborative Divorce
- Personal Injury